As Spring begins to arrive, so do the pests. There is a lot you can do to prevent the pests from invading you home. Here are a few tips from the NPMA that can help prevent pests from coming into your home. These tips are not fool proof but they will decrease the chances of pesky intruders entering your home.
To guard against the early emergence of pests, NPMA offers the following tips for homeowners:
- Maintain a one-inch gap between soil and wood portions of a building.
- Keep mulch at least 15-inches from the foundation.
- Seal cracks and small openings along the bottom of the house.
- Eliminate sources of moisture or standing water.
- Keep tree branches and other plants trimmed back from the house.
- Keep indoor and outdoor trash containers clean and sealed.
- Screen windows and doors.
- If you suspect a problem, contact a qualified pest professional who can recommend the best course of treatment.